WSPC is launching a Greeter-Tour Program to inform Park visitors and neighbors about the exciting horticulture, history, landscape design, and culture that Washington Square Park has to offer. From our resident hawks to the coveted Arch, the Park has many stories to be told!
WSPC is seeking committed volunteers to donate their time and expertise for this free Park program. The WSPC Greeter-Tour Program provides an opportunity for interested volunteers to become an official Washington Square Park Docent. Training will be provided to volunteers accepted in the program.
Applicants should be:
- Comfortable speaking in groups / with the public
- Able to attend and participate in orientation sessions
- Willing and able to work two weekend shifts (three hours each) per month and meet the time commitment
- Able to help the team set up (able to lift at least 10 lbs)
- A positive representative of the Park and the Conservancy
- 18 years or older
No prior tour guide experience is necessary.
No fees or payments will be made, this is a volunteer role.
The application is due March 1, 2016.
We’ll be hosting optional information webinars for those interested in this program.
- Tuesday, February 16 @ 6:30 pm (RSVP by Feb. 12)
- Saturday, February 20 @ 11:00 am (RSVP by Feb. 18)
- Saturday, February 27 @ 11:00 am (RSVP by Feb. 25)
Log-in information provided on registration
Email Us if you would like to attend one of the information sessions or have additional questions.